Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weekend Specials Preview

The crisp rain and gusty air outside makes one think of being inside, warm, sipping a hot drink and plating up to a serving of comfort food. Well that's what I think about on these gloomy nights. If you do too then you should be thinking Bluestone! I'm keeping the new Friday wild game burger going with duck. It's not what you might imagine. The taste is delicate and the meat is lean with just enough fat to keep the burger moist. I'm not entirely fixed on how I will present it but there will be a sweet and sour element for sure. Now someone recently was talking to me about an old version of pork we had on the menu years ago. I was intrigued and flattered at the memory for something so seemingly fleeting. So, as an homage perhaps, I'm bringing back the Pan-Seared Pork Cutlet with Sweet Potato Hash and Maple-Chili Sauce. I know, I'm pretty pumped myself
The freshest possible fish choice has yet to be determined but I feel like root vegetables and mushrooms.
And we will again be featuring Steamed Mussels with Garlic and Cream, a new Bluestone mainstay.
I still have a few ideas bouncing around under my hairnet so it's back to the kitchen, but check in tomorrow and see what cooking at Evanston's favorite retreat...
Bluestone!


Chef Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment